As part of Stillwater's Hometown for the Holidays Candy Town weekend, the community is invited to pull out their rolling pins, grab a frosting bag and build gingerbread houses for submission in our first ever Gingerbread Building Contest. The contest is free and open to all ages and skill levels.
Entries will be on display from 10 a.m.–2 p.m. at the Water Street Inn Ballroom. Open to the public for viewing and voting.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Most Abstract
- Most Hometown
- Most Architecturally Innovative
- Most Creative
- People's Choice
- 1 house per participant
- Group entries are allowed
- Houses must be delivered fully assembled (minor repairs on site allowed)
- Gingerbread house bases must be no larger than 18x18"
- Non edible caulk can be used in place of frosting for holding walls together only; all other elements and decorations must be edible
- Kits allowed. Participants must purchase their own kits or ingredients/decorations
- All designs must be family friendly
- All participants must complete registration form