Warm up with comfort food from local food blogger Janel, AKA, Nellie Bellie at nelliebellie.com.
- 1 roll refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese, soft
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted, plus more to brush the bundles with
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cup shredded turkey or chicken
- Roll out the crescent roll dough and form 4 rectangles from 2 triangles, each.
- Press the seams together to make sure there isn’t any seeping.
- Smash the cream cheese and butter together. Add a bit of salt & pepper.
- Stir in the turkey or chicken.
- Put 1/4 of the turkey mixture into the center of the crescent roll rectangle.
- Pull the edges of the rectangle up to meet in the middle and press together so the seams are closed.
- Brush the bundle with melted butter and roll in bread crumbs.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes or until dark golden brown.
Add diced onion or green onion for more flavor. If your mixture is a bit difficult to stir, add a tablespoon of milk to thin it out.