These tips from a local doctor will help you reduce tension and keep fit.
Dr. Jen Shupe of Croixview Family Chiropractic (voted Best Chiropractic Clinic in our 2018 Best of St. Croix Valley issue) has some tips for improving your overall health during these last weeks of winter.
- Get adjusted.
- Mind your posture. Don’t lock your knees when you’re standing as that puts extra stress on your lower back.
- Make sure your computer screen is at eye level to reduce neck tension.
- Don’t sit too long. Get up and move around for 2 minutes every hour.
- Consider sitting on a large exercise ball at your desk so you can move your hips around to increase mobility and decrease tension.
- Don’t forget to stretch after your exercise routine.
- Moms with babies should carry them in front, not hiked on the hips, to distribute weight more evenly. Consider “wearing” your baby in a baby carrier or sling.
Croixview Family Chiropractic
113 2nd St. Hudson, WI 54016