Amanda Paa’s recipes are great for beginners.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- 3/4 tsp. Watkins Fine Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 tsp. Watkins Organic Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp. Watkins Organic Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. Watkins Organic Cumin
- 1 tsp. Watkins Organic Dried Oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 -14 ounce) jar salsa verde
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chiles
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 Watkins organic dried bay leaves
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- juice of one lime
- garnishes: shredded cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream, green onions
Sprinkle salt over chicken thighs. Heat 1 tablespoon olive over medium high heat in a heavy stock pot, and add chicken thighs in individual layer. Sear on both sides 4-5 minutes to get a golden brown crust. Remove chicken thighs and set aside.
Turn heat down to medium and add diced onion + pinch of salt to chicken drippings in pot, and saute until translucent, about 7 minutes. Add smoked paprika, chili powder, cumin, and oregano leaves. Stir and coat onion, and you will start to smell the spices become fragrant, cooking for 1-2 minutes. Add a tablespoon more olive oil, and stir in garlic, cooking for 1-2 minutes.
Add chicken back to pot, along with salsa verde, diced green chiles, chicken broth, and bay leaves. Stir, and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to a light simmer, and cover. Cook for 20 minutes. Remove chicken thighs and shred using forks. Add back to pot, along with white beans, cook for 10 more minutes. Stir in fresh lime juice. Remove bay leaves, and serve with shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, and minced green onions. Serves 4
For tips on this dish and more recipes, visit: heartbeetkitchen.com/recipe-index