St. Croix Skincare, voted Best MedSpa in the St. Croix Valley, offers a bevy of skin-related services. Clients can enjoy a relaxing spa experience, but can also address skin concerns with procedures usually found at a doctor’s office.
“Today’s medspas serve multiple audiences. Men and women are living longer, healthier lives. As they age, they want to turn back the clock a bit, to look as young as they feel,” says St. Croix Skincare owner Jocelyn Young. “In addition, young adults want to proactively head off signs of aging, to retain their youthful appearance.”
The menu can be a little confusing, so here’s a primer on some of the most misunderstood terms:
- Permanent makeup: Tattooing that resembles makeup. Popular procedures mimic eyeliner or enhance the color of the face, lips or eyelids.
- Eyebrow microblading: Semi-permanent makeup that partially or fully camouflages missing eyebrow hairs using fine deposits of cosmetic tattoo pigments.
- Dermaplaning: Exfoliation of the skin—and removal of peach fuzz—using a small, sterile blade. Hair removal typically lasts four to six weeks, and fine lines and blemishes will be noticeably diminished.
- Botulinum toxin injections: In tiny doses, Botox or Dysport relax the clenched facial muscles that cause crow’s feet, frown lines and the like.
- Celluma light therapy: A light array panel rests on the skin and delivers red, blue and/or infrared LEF light to stimulate cellular healing and control acne and sun damage.
- Micro-needling: Certified skin care professionals use a medical-grade, precision tool to rejuvenate skin and help it repair wrinkles, scars, hyperpigmentation and stretchmarks.