Twelve months, six issues, dozens of stories about the people, places and events that make the St. Croix Valley such a special community. As we look back on 2019, we're reflecting on the stories you—our readers—loved most. These were the top 10 most-read stories on stcroixvalleymag.com last year—revisit them (or catch up on what you missed) and be sure to share your favorites on social media!
- Senior Spotlight: Charlie Neuenschwander Wants to Tackle Climate Change
Improving the environment and combating issues like climate change can be accomplished, but only if we have more people like Charlie Neuenschwander, a senior at Hudson High School, actively trying to change it.
- A Culinary Trip Through the St. Croix Valley
Explore the St. Croix Valley by visiting these dining destinations located up and down the river.
- Lift Bridge Brewing Co.'s Newest Beverage Brainchild: Canned Hard Seltzers
Just as the craft beer boom hit Minnesota a few years ago, a new beverage trend gained steam this year, and Stillwater’s Lift Bridge Brewing Co. introduced their own take on the hard seltzer movement.
- St. Croix Valley's Best Patio Dining Provides an 'Unforgettable Experience'
Hudson’s Pier 500 is a veritable riverside institution—and a regular in several categories of our “Best of” list.
- 'Instagrammable' Minnesota Nice Cream Coming to Stillwater This Spring
Minnesota Nice Cream serves up picture-perfect ice cream with mouthwatering, eye-catching toppings.
- Now with Three Locations, LoLo American Kitchen Still Keeps it Local
Five years in, not only is LoLo’s Stillwater location thriving, but they outbid national chains for a coveted MSP airport spot and have partnered with and funded a number of hospitality (primarily food and drink) businesses in Stillwater—and now finally have realized their space in Hudson as well.
- Water Street Inn Renovations Will Include Clocktower, Rooftop Dining
This year, the Water Street Inn got a series of major updates—increasing its current capacity, rebuilding the historic clock tower and transforming the roof into a rooftop deck where people can eat, drink and enjoy the views of the St. Croix River.
- Sara's Tipsy Pies Opens Storefront in Stillwater
Fans of Sara's Tipsy Pies can get their fix in the new Stillwater shop.
- Couple Fulfills Dream by Opening New Bayport Restaurant Manger
Sometimes life—like a great meal—just comes together perfectly. Such was the case for Manger Restaurant and Wine Bar in Bayport.
- Stillwater Native Launches Sustainable Clothing Line Minnesota Made
From T-shirts to crewnecks (a bestseller, no matter the season), coffee mugs to pet bandanas, Minnesota Made has just about everything.